Wednesday 19 December 2012

Me fie (my home) in Do-South

This week marked a momentous occasion in mefie's start-up journey...we are in our first high street shop, Do-South in Crystal Palace South London! This local interiors shop was actually the first store that I approached to carry our cushions...as a matter of fact, I approached them before even sewing my first item!

I have been an admirer of Do-South since it's opening a few years ago. I remember the first time that I drove past and I was drawn in by the vibrant colours, the mix of vintage mid-century furniture and accessories, as well as the modern design. The store reminds me of many of the pieces (now considered vintage) that I would see in my Great Aunt, Aunt Bea's house when growing up, hence, the decor makes me smile.

My love of mid-century pieces began at a young age, when I would spend hours playing with the coloured glass vases and admiring the clean lines of the furniture in my aunts house. When I enter into Do-South, I feel transported back to that time yet as I look around the space I am also intrigued by the modern furniture and accessories and I am convinced that both new and old complement one another and that accessories, such as my cushions, complete it. Do-South strikes a balance between new and old and I am thrilled that it is my first store as it really does embody my style and shows the versatility of African prints.

We hope that our addition to this Crystal Palace shop will be the beginning of a great relationship as our line has found a new home in South East London!

PS - Thanks Freddie for your feedback and support since the beginning of this journey!

xx
mefieuk






No comments:

Post a Comment