Thursday 31 January 2013

African print interiors - our favourite looks

So it has been some time since I have done an interiors post and so I thought that I would give an update of some of my favourite looks that I have posted to our website www.mefie.co.uk.  Over the past few months of speaking to customers, the one thing that I have found is that some shy away from mixing prints as they are not sure about the complement of colours and patterns in a room.  Below are some of my favourite looks and the reasons why I think they work.

Enjoy
xx mefie uk

This safari print throw pillow and Ercol vintage chair with covered African print covering work well due to the neutral colour palate.  The bold green print in the cushion and the subtle green undertones in the chair covering tie the two together.  The varying woods also provide warmth...not to mention the fireplace ;)!

These three cushions together are one of my all-time favourite combinations.  Again the neutral greens and tans tie the cushions together.  As well all three have a similar cubical print which works nicely.

This cushion combination is a bit more daring but works well because of the pinks which tie them together.  Again a great way to spruce up a neutral sofa!


Again, one of my favourites!  The blues in both cushions tie both together and the contrast of  bright yellow and the subtle greens add interest to the look.

All is available on www.mefie.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment